Form a Women’s Flag Football Team!
Are you interested in forming a Women’s Flag Football team in your city? The Billings Lady Montana Fierce would love to help! Email us at MontanaFierceSports@gmail.com and we will answer any questions to help get you started!
What are the rules for Women's Flag Football?
Women’s Flag Football is played much like regular 11-person tackle football – minus the tackling! The official rules are adopted from AAU.
Some highlights include:
- A ball carrier is down when one of their two flags is pulled.
- A fumbled ball results in a dead ball.
- No rushing the kicker or punter.
- Runners may not “stiff-arm” or guard their flags.
- Play is physical! Blocking is allowed and both sides of the ball have linemen (errr, linewomen).
Can I join a team?
Is there a cost?
Registration with AAU provides insurance is usually under $50 per player
What equipment do I need?
Mouth guards are highly recommended and available at any sporting goods stores.
Some women choose to wear cleats – football, soccer, or other plastic cleats. But cleats are not required and you can wear regular athletic shoes.
How many games do you play?
As many as possible! If you form a team, please get in touch with us and we can arrange a schedule.